Monday, January 20, 2014

Update #2: Mariners, Tigers, Rangers, Twins…oh, my

Bruce_Taylor_DET2Rafael_VasquezRich_Hinton_SEAJerry_KoosmanKen_Brett_MINKevin_StanfieldEric_Soderholm_TEXJerry Don_GleatonWillie_Montanez_TEXDave_Chalk_TEX

I went through my card collection and found the Bruce Taylor shot on his 1976 rookie panel card, so I scanned it at 1200dbi and hoped for the best.  The Vasquez is a colorization of a B&W photo found in a 1979 Mariners program posted by Fat Jack on the OOTP Forum.  I kind of like these B&W headshots and can’t wait for my 1979 Mariners program to arrive, so I can start scanning and colorizing.  Merkle923 of that forum posted Hinton, Soderholm and Montanez.  Jim Akre e-mailed me some custom cards that he made using the 3 Twins photos.  Braves70 posted the Jerry Don Gleaton shot straight from the 1980 Rangers yearbook.  I’m hoping my 1979 Rangers yearbook arrives tomorrow, so I can add some updates for that team set like I did tonight for the O’s.  I thought for sure the Montanez shot would become one of those unfindable white whales, because he played the final month of the season with Texas and moved on to San Diego the following year.  Judging from the picture the shot was taken during BP at Yankee Stadium on one of 3 dates (August 13-15).  Interestingly he was traded by the Mets to the Rangers, so all he needed to do was hop a cab or jump the IRT to get up to the Bronx.  The Mets just finished up dropping 2 of 3 to the Expos over at Shea the day before.

No comments:

Post a Comment